Weekend outtakes #2 | Of lounging and cooking


Here's what I've been up to...

1) Sundays are my utmost favourite day to lounge around in my jammies while drowning myself with some of my favourite youtubers or catching up on my series. I've been watching Reign and loving it! Francis and Mary are per-fect!! 

2) I came across a recipe for Vietnamese Bahn Mi (vietnamese sandwhich if you didn't know) and wanted to try making it. I got to say, it was a success! Although missing the actual bread for the sandwhich, but the marinated chicken tasted so good. I think i'll name this the "Decompose Chicken Bahn Mi". 

3) I'm really into burning candles lately. It's calming and makes my room smell so nice. I would light one up just before getting into bed. I've been burning the Woodwick lemongrass candle and it's so soothing to hear the little crackles coming from it. 

4) I'm starting into a routine to actually pick up a book to read right before bed. Just little steps to unwind myself from the day full of electronics. I can totally feel my eyes being all tired and dry from the long day sitting in front of my laptop or looking at my phone too much. I'm currently reading Game of Thrones (join me for #mabesbookclub) and starting to see how good the book is. Though I've watched a couple of GoT episodes but I think I prefer the book.


Even though it's only the start of the year, I feel quite burnout from day to day. I need to start incorporating little steps to de-stress in my daily routine.

How have January been treating you?


Mabes


Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and send me some tweets @mabeses or leave a comment below and i'm sure to reply you guys! 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I love WoodWick. I had an apple cinnamon scent & was very impressed.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first WoodWick candle and I'm loving it!

      Xo Mabes

      Delete
  2. Your blog pictures are really lovely - I had to give you a follow! I love Game of Thrones too, although I have to admit I never read the book - just watched the TV series :)

    Madeline | Cappuccino and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline! I'm still trying to improve on my photography skills, but that's such a compliment :) Give the book a try? who knows, you might love it as much as the TV series.

      Xo Mabes

      Delete

Instagram