A collection of mask for acne prone skin


A quick update from my previous post and you will know that I'm currently in a battle with my flaring skin. Recently my skin has been on the angrier side - if there is such a side, and mix that with the bad hazy weather, not a good idea. One acne after another just keeps surfacing itself and it doesn't feel like it's gonna be leaving anytime soon.

To combat this problem I have been sacredly masking my face away, more often than my usual routine. Plus up-ping my skincare routine to something more than a 3-step routine. I'm sort of giving the Korean skincare routine a go - more on that another time.

A round up on all the different types of mask that I have in hand, results to this post here today. 


Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
I've first heard of Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque sometime a year or two ago on youtube. I can't actually remember who mentioned it, but I remembered I needed to try this. While on a trip down to Singapore I manage to snag it from Watsons (sadly I've not seen this in Watsons Malaysia), and I totally love this mask. Applying this on a clean and dry skin is the best way for it to work it's magic. It comes out as a green paste and will dry down like a clay mask. I personally love the cooling sensation given that its a minty type of mask and you will feel your skin tighten up when it starts drying. This mask works really well when you just need to shrink those pimples overnight. 

Freeman Peel off Mask Cucumber
Once in a while, a good peel of mask is just what I need, not to mention the fun of peeling it off your skin. The Cucumber Peel off Mask comes in a thick gel form and once spreading it evenly on a dry clean skin will form into a translucent layer. You will feel your skin tightened as the it dries into a layer that is ready to be peeled off. Peeling it off is somewhat satisfying, getting all those impurities out of the skin. The after effect: a refreshed and a soft clean skin. 

SkinFood Black Sugar Mask
This is one of those mask that has more than one purpose of use. FYI - The Black Sugar Mask is one of the bestselling item from SkinFood. It has sugar granules in it which I love doubling this up as an in-shower scrub and than leaving it on for 5 minutes as a mask while I wash my hair. My skin always end up feeling smoother and softer after every use. Since it has sugar granules in them, I know that I wouldn't over exfoliate my skin as the sugar will start melting when I work them into the skin in a circular motion. I love using this to cleanse away all the dead skin cells and since it's not a harsh exfoliator it will not irritate my acne prone skin. 

Innisfree is one of those well known Korean brands for their affordable range of skincare and makeup. The Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask is no stranger to those who have heard of the brand Innisfree. It's properties is to help clean and tighten pores. Good news for those who are looking for help with sebum control. Once applied, just like the Mint Julep Masque and Freeman Cucumber Peel Off Mask, it has a cooling effect. Spreading it on evenly and leaving it on for 10-15 minutes to dry and than washing it away revealing a refreshed and thoroughly clean skin. I just get that feeling of a good cleansed skin whenever I use this mask. 


Overall, whenever I'm looking for a mask for my acne prone skin, I tend to look for those with properties to cleanse the pores for sebum control, and a good minty mask to cool down those red pimples. 


Tell me, what mask do you use to ward off those acne?

I would love to read all about it. Leave your comments down below! 
Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and send me some tweets

Disclaimer:- All the products seen above is purchased with my own money or gifted and is not sponsored unless stated otherwise. This review is intended to share information with my readers and are my own opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram