Beauty | Sleek i-Divine Storm palette



What do you do when Luxola give you a RM50 cash voucher? Spend it on a sleek palette and pay the remaining RM3 of course!




Back in November I was excited to have receive an email from Luxola about a RM50 cash voucher to spend. Of course right away I had to browse and see what's in store. I didn't really need anything new except I probably want to have more palettes in my collection. So I picked up the Sleek i-Divine Storm palette. I've heard so much about Sleek palettes, of course I gotta try it myself to see if it lived up to expectation. On the other hand, paying RM3 for a palette is such a steal! 




It arrived in the mail the following week and I couldn't help myself to swatch all the colors before taking any pictures. I'm impressed. They are so pigmented! The Storm palette has 12 colors - 3 matte and 9 shimmers. 

Lets talk about the packaging first, as usual Sleek palette come with a huge mirror and a sponge tip applicator. I don't think I will be using the sponge tip applicator at all. I prefer to use brushes. It also has a plastic insert with all the names printed on. Wish they would have printed the names onto the packaging, at least if you lose the plastic insert the names are still there. On a side note, the palette is thin enough which is perfect for travelling. 




The names for each shadow fits the theme of the palette. The mattes are perfect to blend out all the shimmer shades. Calm before the storm is a light shade of brown. It may look a little too light in the pan but when blended on the crease it doesnt seem that light at all. Eye of the storm is a light taupe color perfect for the crease too. Blackout is just a dark black color, the kind of black that you need to create a smoky eye look. 


L-R Top row : Sand storm, Snow storm, Calm before the storm, Thunder storm, Perfect storm, Firestorm.
L-R Bottom row : Dust storm, Gathering storm, Storm cloud, Electric storm, Eye of the storm, Blackout. 

The shimmers on the other hand are my favourites. I think they can both work well wet or dry. Of course wet brings out the color more.

Sand storm is a light brown-taupe. 
Snow storm is a bright beige color - it goes on a bit fair so its good for highlighting under the brows and in the inner corner of the eyes. 
Thunder storm is a nice golden color. 
Perfect storm is such a sweet pink. If your going for a sweet/romantic look this is perfect. 
Firestorm is a ruby red color. 
Dust storm is an intense brown color. 
Gathering storm is a nice baby blue color, not too light or dark. 
Storm cloud is a beautiful emerald green. I really love how this color came out in the swatch below. Lastly, Electric storm is an intense blue. 


L-R Top row : Sand storm, Snow storm, Calm before the storm, Thunder storm.
L-R Bottom row : Dust storm, Gathering storm, Storm cloud, Electric storm. 

Among all the shimmers, I'm really digging Perfect storm, Firestorm, Gathering storm, Storm cloud and Electric storm. I don't have these kind of colors in my collection so I can say its a little nice addition.  


L-R Top row : Calm before the storm, Thunder storm, Perfect storm, Firestorm.
L-R Bottom row : Storm cloud, Electric storm, Eye of the storm, Blackout. 


Overall, the Storm palatte is just perfect for those neutral lovers who want to play around with colors without straying too far off from the neutral scheme. It has a nice range of dark to light colors. Also not forgetting the pigmentation on these are great too. They last long throughout the day without creasing. They blend out beautifully and there are no fallout. What more, they are only priced at RM53. It's hard to find any palette that comes with a decent price that have great quality shadows in them. 


L-R : Sand storm, Snow storm, Calm before the storm, Thunder storm, Perfect storm, Firestorm. 
L-R : Dust storm, Gathering storm, Storm cloud, Electric storm, Eye of the storm, Blackout.


Have you tried any Sleek palettes? What are your thoughts?



Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and send me some tweets @mabeses or leave a comment below and i'm sure to reply you guys! 




Disclaimer:- All the products seen above is purchased with my own money or gifted and is not sponsored unless stated otherwise. This review is intended to share information with my readers and are my own opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram