Melbourne Beauty Haul


If you have been following me on Instagram (You should if you haven't!), you would have already known about my recent trip to Melbourne in November. Whilst I was there, of course I had to pop into Chemist Warehouse and Mecca for some beauty fix which of course results to this beauty haul. While there's some beauty brands that is available in my local drugstores (here in Malaysia) such like L'oreal and Maybelline, I would say that these brands carry a much larger range in Melbourne. 

Chemist Warehouse carries drugstore brands and mostly at a discounted price. On top of my to-buy list was the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. I've watched and read so many reviews about this concealer that was being loved by the beauty community - thus I had to get my hands on this and give it a try. I manage to get hold of this in two different colors, in Fair for brightening under the eyes and in Medium for concealing imperfections. Keeping on the L'oreal band wagon, my aunt actually recommended me the L'oreal Nude Magique CC Cream. This CC cream range carries 3 different tubes for different usage - Anti-dullness, Anti-fatigue, and Anti-redness. I bought the Anti-redness as my skin tends to be pimple prone. It actually comes out in a shade of green and as you blend it out, the color will turn into a skin tone color.

Rimmel is another drugstore brand that Chemist Warehouse carries and I'm pretty sure that this brand was actually available in Malaysia but for some reason over the years, my local drugstore discontinued carrying the brand. Rimmel has a great range of products and the Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer is one that I've been meaning to give it a try. I was also on the look out for a lip liner - specifically for the Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk dupe as pointed out by Amelia Liana on her blog. I didn't manage to get hold of Rimmel's Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob but I did manage to get hold of Rimmel's Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Pencil in Indian Pink and Wild Clover. I'm gonna talk more about each product that is mentioned here in a dedicated post of it's own and spoiler alert, the Lip Liners are a love! 

Finishing up for the drugstore side is something for the nails, I got Rimmel's Rita Ora Nail Polish in 300 Glaston-Berry a very very nice watermelon red and Maybelline Super Stay 7 days in 625 Forevermore Green

Mecca Cosmetics is some sort like the Australian Sephora - all the high end cosmetics from UK, US and local Australian are being sold in Mecca. You can spot brands like Too Faced, Stila, By Terry and etc to name a few. I didn't intend to spend alot here as the currency rate is a killer, and I knew some of the brands that are already available in Malaysia's Sephora. So I picked By Terry's Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon having seen a review by ViviannaDoesMakeup on youtube, this is one product that is not to be missed. Last on the list is Hourglass The Indestructible Matte Litpstick in Icon - a rather intense red just perfect for that holiday look. 

Overall, Melbourne is really not a place to spend too much on makeup and it's not as comparable as shopping for makeup in Korea. I would suggest to spend on those products that is not available in your home country and save those funds on traveling around Melbourne as there's just too much to see and do. 


More on my Melbourne travel's in another post soon!

Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and send me some tweets

Disclaimer:- All the products seen above is purchased with my own money or gifted and is not sponsored unless stated otherwise. This review is intended to share information with my readers and are my own opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram